When choosing a direct cremation, our services include...
- Prompt pickup of the body at time death by our staff.
- Meeting with family to write obituaries and plan services if desired.
- Private viewing at funeral home for family members (when possible). No embalming or casket required.
- Placement of obituaries if desired (obituaries on our website at no charge)
- Prompt filing of the death certificate, and obtaining copies for the family.
- Cremation Tray and sales tax
- Transportation of the deceased by our staff, using funeral home vehicles.
- Cremation and return of ashes, usually within 3 days.
- Ashes can be returned in a simple plastic urn at no additional cost.
- Assistance with burial of ashes if desired
Some outside costs to consider:
- Certified copies of death certificates (Washtenaw County $15.00 for one/ $5.00 each additional)*
- Obituaries in newspapers*
- Crematory Fee*
- Medical Examiner Charge*
*These costs will be "cash advance" items, meaning we will pay all of the fees for you and add them to your final invoice. Please also note that these items vary greatly, depending upon place of death and services requested.